Recipe of the Month
Yields: 10 cups
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 6 sage leaves
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- ¼ tsp. cayenne red pepper powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3½ cups vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Peel, pit and chop the butternut squash into 1 inch squares. Add to a large roasting pan.
- Chop the carrots, celery and onions in big chunks and add to the pan.
- Peel the garlic and add cloves whole.
- Add the herbs, red pepper powder, salt and pepper. Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 1 hour.
- Once the vegetables are roasted, add to food processor with 1 cup of vegetable stock and puree.
- Pour mixture into a large saucepan. Add the remaining vegetable stock and stir well.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- 2 bunches of asparagus, chopped (500
- 2 leeks, chopped (235g)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth (gluten-free)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a large soup pan, sautée the asparagus, leeks, garlic, pepper and coconut oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to blender, add hot vegetable stock and one can of coconut milk. Blend on high for 3-5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
4 6oz chicken breasts
1 1/2 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
3 tsp olive oil
1 avocado, cubed
1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
3 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1) In a small bowl, combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and oil. Stir to mix. Spread onto both sides of chicken breast. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
2) Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3) Preheat grill over medium heat. Place chicken on grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with avocado salsa.
- ½ c. fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ c. strawberries, chopped
- ½ c. blueberries
- 4 c. sparkling water
- In a shaker or large glass combine the lemon juice and the sugar and stir until the sugar appears mostly dissolved.
- Place a handful of blueberries in the bottom of each of two glasses. Fill the glasses with ice.
- Pour half of the lemon mixture into each glass and then fill each glass with the sparkling water.
- Finish the lemonade off by placing a handful of chopped strawberries on top of each beverage.
- 1 2 liter of Sprite (or Diet Sprite if you want!)
- 1 12 oz frozen limeade from concentrate
- 1 small jar of maraschino cherries
- In a large pitcher, combine Sprite, frozen limeade and the entire jar of maraschino cherries (including the syrup).
- Mix slowly so your Sprite doesn’t go flat.
- Pour over ice and add a wedge of lime (optional but awesome)