Recipe of the Month
1 # Ground Turkey
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Leafy Thyme
½ tsp Chili Powder
1 oz Minced Onion
8 oz Pineapple Peach Salsa
4 ea Whole Wheat Buns
Tt Jalapeno, sliced
Tt Lettuce, shredded
Tt Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Mix Turkey and seasonings; form into 4 patties.
- On a hot grill or pan, cook throughout;
- Place on bun; top with PP Salsa and any other of the optional toppings
6 oz Pineapple tidbits, canned
6 oz Peaches, canned, sliced
½ ea Red Bell Pepper
¼ ea Red Onion
1/8 ea Fresh Cilantro
1 ea Fresh Serrano pepper, seeded and chopped small
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Black pepper
- In Food Processor: Place Cilantro, Red Onion, Serrano and Red Pepper. Pulse 2-4 times (til chunky). Drain half the juice from fruit and add to processor. Pulse 1-3 times until chunky, salsa like consistency is achieved. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Chill 2-3 hours (or more), before service. Can be made a day in advance.
1 ea Pizza crust, 12-14”
1 # Ground Beef
4 T Taco Seasoning
2 ea Tomatoes, diced small
6 oz Shredded Cheddar
2-3 oz Tortilla Chips, slightly crushed
TT Sliced Jalapenos (optional)
TT Sliced Black Olives
TT Onions, finely diced
4 oz Sour Cream
4 oz Salsa
4 oz Tomato Sauce
2 tsp Taco Seasoning
2 oz Water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- On the stove, cook ground beef, drain fat, add taco seasoning. Mix well and chill.
- Mix sauce by combining all three ingredients; set aside
- On a baking sheet or stone, layout crust and top in the following order:
- Sauce, half of the cheese, beef mixture, chips, tomato, Jalapenos/Olives/Onions and second half of cheese
- Bake 7-10 minutes, until hot throughout.
- Finish with a dollop of sour cream and salsa on each slice.
8 oz Spaghetti, cooked
½ Lb Ground Italian Sausage, cooked
16 oz Spaghetti Sauce
1/3 C Sour Cream
4 oz Shredded Mozzarella
1 ea Egg
2 oz Parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, place beaten Egg, Sour Cream and half the shredded Mozz; separately mix sauce and sausage together, and set aside.
- Add pasta to the egg mixture and mix well
- Spread mixture over bottom of 10” pie plate; sprinkle remaining shredded Mozzarella over the top
- Cover with saran, then foil; bake 25 -35 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle with parmesan and let stand 10-15 minutes.
1 T Olive Oil
1 ea Small Yellow Onion, diced
3 stks Celery diced
2 ea Poblano Peppers, charred, seeded and diced
1 T Garlic, fresh, minced
1 tsp Cumin
1 pin Cayenne
½ tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Chili powder
1 tsp Oregano
1 # Cooked, diced Turkey or Chicken
1 15oz can White Beans, Navy or Great Northerns
16 oz Chicken Stock
½ C Corn
¼ bun Fresh Cilantro, chopped fine
- Heat oil in pot, add vegetables and cook halfway; add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add stock and all other ingredients except Cilantro
- Simmer approximately 30-45 minutes. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve in bowls; sprinkle Cilantro over the top to taste
- Can also top with shredded smoked Cheddar, chopped Scallions, crumbled Bacon, Sour Cream, etc.
2 C Cornmeal
1 C Flour
2 T Baking Powder
1 1/4 C Milk
4 ea Eggs
1 t Salt
1/2 C Vegetable Oil
1/2 C Yellow Onion, minced
3/4 C Bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 C Peaches, diced small and drained well
1 T Jalapeno, fresh, minced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix first 7 ingredients
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish, pour in batter
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until toothpick in center, comes out clean.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes, slice into squares