Recipe of the Month
Watermelon, seedless 1 ea
Strawberries 1 Qt
Lemon Lime Soda 20 oz
Ice 3 #
Lime 1 ea
Lemon 1 ea
Orange 1 ea
- Cut Fruit into wedges or wheels; reserve
- Peel melon; hull Strawberries
- In a processor or blender, puree fruit and strain
- Add soda & Ice
Watermelon Strawberry Cooler:
8 oz (1 Cup) Serving: 117 kcal, 0.58 gm fat, 13 mg sodium
1.5 tsp Cinnamon
1 C Vanilla Yogurt
Mix cinnamon and yogurt together
Cinnamon Yogurt Sauce:
1 Oz Serving: 26 kcal, 0.18 gm fat, 14.85 mg sodium
Servings: about 1 quart
3 ea Cucumbers peeled, seeded and diced small
2 ea Tomatoes, diced small
.5 ea Red Onion, diced small
2 ea Jalapenos (fresh)seeded, minced
4 ea Limes (juice)
2 tsp Kosher Salt (add more if necessary)
2 tsp Black Pepper
.5 bun Cilantro, finely chopped
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours
Serve with chips or use as a condiment for tacos, fajitas, scrambled eggs, etc.
¼ Cup: 14 kcal, 0.15 gm fat, 297 mg sodium
1.5 C Flour
.5 t Salt
.5 t Baking Soda
.25 t Baking Powder
.75 t Cinnamon
2 ea Eggs
1 C Sugar
1 C Grated Zucchini
.33 C Canola Oil
1 t Vanilla Extract
1 cn Pineapple, crushed (8 oz), drained
.5 C Walnut pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Reserve.
- Separately, in a large bowl, beat eggs. Mix in sugar, zucchini, oil and extract.
- Add to flour mixture. Blend until moist.
- Fold in pineapple and walnuts.
- Pour batter into sprayed loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour. Let cool 20 minutes before slicing.
Per Serving (WITH walnuts): 228 kcal, 10 gm fat, 1.5 gm sat fat, 172 mg Na
Per Serving (WITHOUT nuts): 196 kcal, 7 gm fat, 1.2 gm sat fat, 172 mg Na
2 # Asparagus, fresh
1 ea Red Bell Pepper, halved & seeded
½ ea Red Onion
2 oz Olive Oil
¼ t Kosher Salt
¼ t Black Pepper
For the Dressing:
1 1/2 oz Apple Cider Vinegar
3 oz Olive Oil
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1 T Basil, fresh
½ tsp Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Heat grill. Toss vegetables in Olive Oil and season. Grill until vegetables are slightly charred but still al dente. Remove and chill.
- Make the dressing. Whip all ingredients together and reserve.
- Cut Red Pepper and Onion into very thin strips. Cut Asparagus into 2” long pieces.
- Toss vegetables in dressing. Chill until service.
Per Serving: 218 kcal, 21 gm fat, 3 gm sat fat, 210 mg Na