Recipe of the Month
2 Cups Frozen Corn
2 Heaping Tbsp. Jarred Jalapeno
2 Heaping Tbsp. Chopped Garlic
3 Large Avocados (Chopped)
5 Roma Tomatoes (Chopped)
1 Small Red Onion (Chopped)
1 Can Black Beans (Rinsed and Drained)
2 Tbsp. Vinegar
3 Tbsp. Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tsp Cumin
1 Lime Juiced
1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2.) Roast corn in oven with 2 Tbsp. oil & season with salt and pepper for approximately 20 minutes, or until edges on corn is golden brown
3.) Place all ingredients in large bowl and stir until well combined. You can continue to mix until you reach the consistency desired.
8 oz. Cream Cheese
8 oz. Vanilla Parfait Pro
¼ C Nutella
- In food processor or mixer, combine all ingredients; blend well
Servings: 6 to 8
4 # Pork Loin or Roast
2 T Olive Oil
0.5 tsp Salt
0.5 tsp Black Pepper
0.5 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Thyme, leafy (not ground)
0.5 tsp Granulated Garlic
1 T Olive Oil
0.5 ea Yellow Onion, med dice
2 stalks Celery, med dice
1 qtrs. Cider or Apple Juice
0.25 c Brown Sugar
1 T Parsley, fresh chopped
- Mix the 6 rub ingredients together and rub all over the lions. Wrap in plastic and chill for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over med high heat.
- Brown pork on all sides. Drain 75% of fat.
- Add onions and celery and sauté until partially tender.
- Add cider and brown sugar until meat is barely covered.
- Cover and place in oven for 2 – 2 ½ hours until 150 degrees internally.
- Hold warm. For service, slice and serve with pan juices – sprinkle with fresh parsley.
3 ea Sweet Potatoes
1/4 C Vegetable Oil
1 T Cumin
1 1/4 T Kosher Salt
½ T Black Pepper
¼ T Oregano, Leafy
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel potatoes and slice into 6-8 wedges each.
- In a small bowl, mix seasonings together. Reserve.
- Place the wedges in a large bowl, spread oil and seasoning over the top.
- With your hands, mix until all wedges coated evenly.
- Spread wedges out evenly on two greased sheet pans.
- Bake for approximately 30 – 40 minutes or until tender.
Sweet Potato Oven Fries:
0.5 Potato: 151kcal, 6.76 gm fat, 603 mg sodium
Servings: 36 slices
5 C Flour
2 C Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Ginger
1 pinch Cloves
1 pinch Salt
1 C Pumpkin
1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour pumpkin mix into flour mix. Mix until it’s crumbly.
- Spray table with Pam spray and lightly knead until dough comes together.
- Shape dough into log(s) about 3.5-4” wide & ½ “high. Place on papered sheet pan.
- Bake 25-30 min (until center is firm); let cool 30 mins.
- Using serrated knife, cut into ½ “wide pieces.
- Turn oven to 300 degrees and bake for an additional 15 mins.
- Cool completely. Cookie should be dry.