Recipe of the Month
- 1 bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ c diced onion
- ½ c shredded cheese
- ½ c bread crumbs
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Shape into patties and cook over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet with a small amount of cooking spray.
- Patties are done when they are golden and firm.
- (About 4-6 minutes )
Cilantro Lime Crock Pot Chicken
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cilantro lime chicken
- ½ red onion (diced)
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (diced)
- 1 avocado (diced)
Cilantro Lime Crock Pot Chicken
- Rub the chicken breast with taco seasoning and add to a crock pot.
- Mix the lime juice, cilantro and chicken broth together in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Mix the chicken and onions together.
- Stuff the mixture into the bell peppers and place in an oven safe dish.
- Cover the tops of the peppers with foil.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro & avocado.
Servings: 4 Salads
- ¾ cups Quinoa
- 4 whole Radishes, Thinly Sliced
- ½ whole Medium English Cucumber, Thinly Sliced
- 1 cup Grated Carrots
- 5 cups Baby Arugula
- 1 whole Avocado, Peeled, Pitted Then Sliced Or Chopped
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 whole Lemon, Juiced
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. When done set it aside and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Use a mandolin or sharp knife to finely slice the radishes and cucumbers. Grate your carrots if using whole carrots. (You can obviously use store bought grated carrots to save time). Wait to slice your avocados until just before serving, since they brown quickly.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- When it comes to assembling your salad, you have two options, both of which are awesome:
- First option: Place all of the salad ingredients (including the avocado) in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. This is obviously the easier method.
- Second option: Toss the arugula with the dressing in a large bowl. Divide the arugula among 4 plates. Top the arugula with ½ cup quinoa. Arrange the cucumbers, carrots, radishes, and avocado around the quinoa. This looks fancier (see photo), but the choice is yours.
Fruit Juice (apple, Cranberry, Grape, etc.)
Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- Heat 3 cups juice to boil
- Meanwhile, pour remaining juice in bowl and sprinkle gelatin over
- Add hot juice to bowl and stir lightly
- Pour mixture into 8 x 8 and chill for 3 or more hours
- Cut into cubes
2 ea. Eggplanet
2 T Garlic, fresh chopped
0.25 C Tahini paste
2 T Lemon juice
0.25 tsp Cumin
0.25 tsp Salt
0.25 tsp Black Pepper
0.33 C Olive Oil
1 T Parsley Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast eggplant for 30 minutes.
- Place in walkin. When cool enough to handle, split down middle and scoop out insides. Discard skin and as many seeds as possible.
- In food processor, place all ingredients except oil. Pulse to a thick puree.
- Add oil and parsley and pulse to incorporate.
- Serve with soft, warm pita bread.