Recipe of the Month
Serves 24 – makes a 13 x 9 pan
|0.5||C||Slivered almonds, ground|
|4||C||Cranberries, fresh or frozen|
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- Fresh dill sprigs, or chopped fresh thyme, rosemary or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut four sheets of aluminum foil about 14-inch long. Divide asparagus into 4 equal portions (about 8 spears per foil packet) and layer in center of each length of foil. In a small bowl stir together oil with garlic. Drizzle 1 tsp of the oil over portion of asparagus then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rinse salmon and allow excess water to run off, then season bottom of each fillet with salt and pepper. Layer fillets over asparagus. Drizzle top of each salmon fillet with 1 tsp of the olive oil mixture and season top with salt and pepper to taste. Top each with about 2 sprigs dill and 2 lemon slices (if using fresh thyme or rosemary use about 3/4 tsp per each if using parsley use 1 1/2 tsp). Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon then fold in top and bottom of foil to enclose.
- Place foil pouches in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until salmon is cooked through, about 25 - 30 minutes. Unwrap and serve warm.
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 limes, juice of
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt, black pepper to taste
1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped
1 medium tomato, diced
1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
1. In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
2. In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Serves: large or 4 small servings
- 2 large, very ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup vanilla or honey Greek yogurt
- 4 TB Agave nectar
1 cup crushed ice
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend until desired consistency or smoothness is reached. Serve immediately.
- 1 bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ c diced onion
- ½ c shredded cheese
- ½ c bread crumbs
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Shape into patties and cook over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet with a small amount of cooking spray.
- Patties are done when they are golden and firm.
- (About 4-6 minutes )