Recipe of the Month
- 1 2 liter of Sprite (or Diet Sprite if you want!)
- 1 12 oz frozen limeade from concentrate
- 1 small jar of maraschino cherries
- In a large pitcher, combine Sprite, frozen limeade and the entire jar of maraschino cherries (including the syrup).
- Mix slowly so your Sprite doesn’t go flat.
- Pour over ice and add a wedge of lime (optional but awesome)
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 or 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, cover, and refrigerate for an hour.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella balls
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Assemble, tomatoes, basil (roll from one end to the other), and mozzarella balls on medium-sized toothpicks. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To make balsamic glaze, add one cup of balsamic vinegar to a sauce pan over medium heat. Once it comes to a boil, set on simmer for about 10-15 minutes until it reduces to a syrup consistency. You can check by dipping a spoon in the balsamic and if it covers the back of it, it's done. As it cools, it will thicken a bit more then drizzle on top of caprese salad skewers.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (from about 2 medium lemons)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter, sugar and lemon zest until pale and fluffy (occasionally scrape down bowl throughout entire mixing process if not using a paddle attachment that constantly scrapes bowl). Mix in egg then blend in egg yolk. Add lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract and optional yellow food coloring and mix until combined. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour powdered sugar into a small bowl. Scoop dough out about 1 1/2 Tbsp at a time (25g each) and shape into a ball, then drop in powdered sugar and roll to evenly coat. Transfer to a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet, repeat with remaining dough and space cookies 2-inches apart on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 10 - 13 minutes. Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- 1 ½ oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sugar
- Place the chocolate chips in your favorite heatproof mug or glass
- Put the milk, vanilla, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and heat until just boiling, then whisk until foamy
- Pour the hot milk over the chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate has melted
- Top with whipped cream or marshmallows